The year draws to a close today, and I my primary reaction is this: "Wow. 2013 sucked even more than 2012!" One hopes (or, at least, I hope) that 2014 will be less horrible. Perhaps there will be no dying cats. Perhaps there will be no bronchitis. Perhaps we will discover a solution to my persistent nausea (which a perusal of previous journal entries shows has been growing increasingly frequent and severe since early 2011). Perhaps no doctors will betray my trust through blatant malpractice.
Perhaps, at least, in 2014 I will not be diagnosed with significant damage to any of my other major organs.
Putting aside wishes for world peace and harmony and happiness, here are my (almost entirely) selfish hopes for 2014:
- comparative physical health (this should be fairly easy to accomplish)
- comparative emotional health (stabilize currently chaotic medications for mood and anxiety: avoid panic attacks, avoid hypomania, avoid depression, etc.)
- lower stress for Shannon
- complete and utter cat health (and perhaps even growing cat friendship)
- comparative house health (no major renovations or crises)
- improved physical fitness (seeing as it's in severe decline after more than a year of frequently debilitating health problems)
Here's wishing you all (and me) a 2014 full of every possible kind of health.