I scanned most of the cards before I sent them out, and so I thought perhaps I could at least send her a pic of what she should have received, but apparently that particular card escaped my scanning process, and so I don't even have any photographic proof that it ever existed.
I think that particular postcard was some sort of paper-craft spy, eluding detection here, shedding identifying characteristics there, arriving at a destination in a completely unrecognizable disguise. Ah well. That's probably only 2 or 3 hours' effort wasted, right? Maybe some nice postal workers at least got to enjoy the postcard as it passed through the system, before it went all leprotic and lost its bits and pieces.
But I've also heard from three other people that their cards arrived safely and -- presumably -- in the configuration that was intended. (I say "presumably" because these friends haven't actually described their cards to me in detail, but they did comment on characteristics that made it sound as if all was well on the postcard cohesion front.) So one card arrived safely in Florida; another arrived safely in Kansas; another hopped safely just a few miles from here to San Jose; and another completely and totally self-destructed before arriving in Maryland. I used the same glue on all, so I have to assume that the difference lay in the papers. Annie's postcard was entirely constructed of very shiny papers that were certainly more slippery than your average matte paper surface, so that was probably the problem. Ah well.
I hope the rest of the postcards have arrived safely by now. My poor little paper babies.