I'm seriously struggling to avoid napping the last couple days, but I've been managing it. *yawn* I want to sleep so very badly!
My Current Obsessions
- email -- Do I even need to mention email? I check my email maybe 50 times a day, if you count the times I just glance up at the appropriate Firefox tab to see if the tab text has changed to indicate new mail.
- LiveJournal (duh!) -- I check it maybe 3 times a day. I want to know what you guys are up to!
- walking -- Not a new obsession, but perhaps more avidly pursued right now. I'm trying to walk a lot to (a) get in better shape and (b) help keep me from falling asleep. So I've been writing lists all over the house, lists of at-least-slightly-interesting places I could walk to. I like to manage one 5-6 mile continuous trek each day, in addition to the usual shorter walks to run errands and such.
- eggs -- Oh, my beloved eggs! How I wish I could partake of you more often! Yeah, I massively ration eggs in my diet these days, ever since I discovered that egg whites give me serious digestive difficulties, but I devote a significant amount of time each week to deciding where my egg allotment should come from. If I splurge with an omelette on Saturday, can I still have pad thai on Thursday, or will that be too much egg? I'm constantly weighing how much I desire particular foods, considering how much egg they contain, considering how much *other* egg I've eaten recently, and deciding which things I will choose to eat on any particular day. But it seems to be working, because I almost never get sick now.
- "In Plain Sight" Mary/Marshall fic (preferably with some angst and a happy ending) -- This is my current fanfic obsession. I'm not really reading others, though I do occasionally pop onto the ff.net page for the "Covert Affairs" Auggie/Annie pairing for a look see.
- Questionable Content webcomic -- I've read the first 664 ... um ... panels? pages? frames? (I have no idea what to call an individual, multi-panel posting of a webcomic.), but there are 1,331 more to go. I'm now reading only a couple each day, because I think I burned myself out a bit after reading 100 or more a day for a while there, after I first discovered QC.
- USA Today free crossword puzzles -- I do maybe 3 each day. They're relatively easy, and I'm always able to finish them, but that's what I like from a crossword puzzle. Make me work for it, but don't completely stump me. I hate not being able to finish a crossword puzzle. I feel like such a failure!
- "Dexter" Season 5 from Netflix -- I would probably watch an episode every day if I didn't have that pesky Netflix mailing thing to deal with. Gotta mail them the disk I just watched, then wait a couple days for them to send me the next disk. But I want to know what happened! I don't want to wait days and days! Sadly, Season 5 is not available on streaming.
- writing reviews on Yelp! -- The last time I was at Ohmega Salvage, the employee who helped me suggested (when I told him how great the place was) that I write a review on Yelp!, so I did. Then I became drunk with the power to tell everyone in the world everything I think about our local restaurants, stores, cafes, and whatever. So I'm writing reviews of everything I care about (good or bad), secure in the knowledge that my ramblings will find interested readers out there.
- the card game Dominion -- Yes, it's been an obsession for a few years now, but so has email, right?
- this limited edition flavor of Ben and Jerry's ice cream: Fair Goodness Cake ("Chocolate Ice Cream with German Chocolate Cake Pieces & a Coconut Caramel Swirl") -- I haven't eaten that much of it (only a couple pints over the last couple months), but it's amazing, and so I think often of whether I want to walk to the store and buy some. 99% of the time, I decide to save my money, but I'd say it still definitely qualifies as one of my current obsessions.
And, in closing, I will share that I think today I may have succeeded in removing the pesky splinter in the arch of my right foot. This tiny damned thing has been frequently annoying me with sharp pains for more than a year ... maybe more than two years! As an avid walker, I've gotta tell you that a splinter on the arch of the foot is a pain in the ... foot. Every time I tried to find and remove the bugger over the last couple years, I had no success ... and yet it never just dissolved and got absorbed into my body, either. It didn't hurt *all* the time, but when it decided to make itself known, walking became almost impossible. Grrr! So today I made an appointment to see a doctor to have *them* remove it (which seems ridiculous overkill for a *splinter*, but I was starting to think it was the only option), after which I got a pair of tweezers and really went to town on the tender arch of my foot. I think the blasted thing is gone now ... I can't seem to locate it and cause myself pain ... but I'm currently reserving judgment. This splinter has been very sneaky in the past, so I will just wait and see. But I've canceled my doctor appointment, just in case.