So this year I started checking out the DVR in November.
- I've already taped the original, 1947, black and white, Natalie Wood and Maureen O'Hara Miracle on 34th Street.
- Tonight I recorded Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- (I think it was yesterday) I recorded the 1966, Chuck Jones and Boris Karloff How the Grinch Stole Christmas (see my icon).
- Frosty the Snowman
- It's A Wonderful Life
- The Year Without A Santa Claus (source of Heat Miser and Freeze Miser and their fabulous song:
which I remember very well from my childhood)
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town (gotta love a young, red-haired Kris Kringle)
- Die Hard? Do they air Die Hard at Christmas time? Because I love me some Alan Rickman with the smart ass remarks.
- I might even be willing to watch Home Alone, as I first saw it on a flight from London to L.A. on Christmas Day in 1991 -- in the company of some very festive and friendly fellow passengers with whom I shared a great holiday camaraderie for the 12 hours of the flight -- and it therefore brings back good memories.
We already own The Nightmare Before Christmas on DVD, so there's no need to hunt that one down. :)